Monday, September 7, 2009

Good Morning Everyone!

So my plans for the night got a bit derailed when a girlfriend of mine came and kidnapped me. I did spend the better part of the early evening in the kitchen making two separate entrees. I made the chicken cacciatore and the pasta.

In a side skillet, I made my turkey chili. The house smelled fabulous and I was creating such a storm that when all was said and done, I turned and saw the mountain of dishes, pots, pans. Empty cans and discarded boxes. Ughhhh. Cooking was so much easier back when I paid someone to deal with the aftermath. I had to pause while everything simmered to clean up. Hubby took pity on me and helped cut through the debris.

When dinner was eaten and all the mess was sorted out. Jan came by and grabbed me up for my first movie theater experience in more than 5 years. The choice of movie (not mine) was an adjustment. Inglorious Bastards. Not half bad, all-in-all but gory as hell. I watched many scenes from behind my hands. Unfortunately, the gross stuff had not occurred before I ate the popcorn and M&M's. I could have used the nausea to ward off the snacks. I'm not too concerned because after all, it had been 5 years since my last movie theater snack binge. Not likely to let my guard down like that again, any time soon.

We stayed out until 1:30, having coffee chat at Tims. You wouldn't believe the yummy smells that place creates around midnight. We were snapped out of our engrossing conversation by the smell of chocolate cookies at 1:15 and ran home to escape the purchase of said, wonderful cookies. Side effect of late-night coffee chats is that I have a hard time falling asleep after.

Well its just about time for me to get up and make my breakfast and to get the day in gear. The plan is as follows:

Breakfast: Two slices of Ezekiel bread with almond butter and banana slices, coffee & vitamins

Snack: 2% cottage cheese with mixed berry compote

Lunch: Mediterranean tuna salad

Dinner: Cedar plank salmon with baked sweet potato and grilled chili lime corn on the cob.

The plan appears to be mini putt and the dog trainer @7. I'm hoping to get E organized for the morning before we put the kids to bed. I'd really like to get around to working on that Halloween costume before bed. Oooh I'm so excited for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment