Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fast Pace Thursday

A very nice day spent schooling and hanging out with my guys. It was especially nice that I was able to accomplish so much. Before I knew it it was 5:00 and I was shipping the boys out the door with husband for karate. That meant time for my run. I got in a 6K run and it was a really nice workout. I picked a new route tonight for an out and back. I wanted to stay in a really well lit place and figured the sidewalks along Taunton would be fairly clear. I lucked out in a big way. Smooth sailing for the whole run.

I ran pass the superstore and could smell their wedges. Those bastards!! Then I ran by Boston Pizza and I have to admit it smelled rather nice. But then I ran past McD's and that did not smell so nice. I think someone ordered the fish sandwich because the air smelled like a fish & chip shop. Not so nice actually when I'm working out. Now if I can just keep that impression in my mind the next time the boys come home with their fries, I'll rock!







Breakfast today was: a bowl of Kashi with 1% milk and my usual very large cup of coffee. My morning snack got skipped unintentionally because I got so busy with the lessons and the puttering that when I looked up it was noon.













Lunch was leftovers from last night. 4 oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup mixed wild rice pilaf and 1 cup of veggies. I spiced it up with a tablespoon of tzatziki and a cup of green tea.










This was my pre-run snack. 1/2 a flaxseed bagel with lite strawberry cream cheese and a little strawberry jam. Green tea. Yummmm









Dinner: 40z lean steak with a cup of broccoli, green pepper and sweet onion and a cup and a half of Udon noodles tossed with black bean sauce. Ok and a diet coke. I do have a serious addiction. I should think about working on that *wink*






I'm feeling pretty sleepy and wondering if the hour of yoga is necessary. Yeah, yeah no excuses. Ok here I go. I'm so looking forward to longer days with more sun light. Its just not natural to want to pass out at 9:35 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment