Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kitchen Nightmares


"And this is your heart........ha, just kidd'n!"

I took the kids to their last cooking class for a bit. It was a bit of a disappointment this time. The person teaching the class got handed the wrong curriculum and we didn't get to tour the produce section and talk about veggies. Instead, we munched on seeds and fruit and made some of the worst granola bars ever. One had so much marshmallow that it couldn't even be called a bar. It turned out more like a swamp. Oh well, it got us out of the house and it got L. to try seeds and dried cranberries. Of course, E. wouldn't touch them. Too strange for his blood.
I got up with a bit more energy after turning in early last night. I got my vitamins in and made a great blueberry banana protein smoothie for breakfast. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of it. I've been doing that lately. I dig into my food and it turns out to be an after thought. I then got myself ready and the kids got dressed and we headed out of the house at a very normal pace. No one pushing, no one cussing. It was relaxed. How strange?

Got to the cooking class to find that it was only the three us and a mom with two little girls. The class was quiet and easy paced but it was the wrong subject. I was really hoping that the kids could be turned on to veggies but it wasn't meant to be. When I asked about next week's class I was informed that it was canceled. No matter, I think I'll take up the torch and keep motoring through here at home. They seem to like elaborate recipes. Gosh knows I've got those in abundance.Lunch was leftover salmon croquettes with some roasted potatoes, carrots, cucumber and leftover pear (apparently my boys don't like pear). I got to munch on that as I puttered about getting the boys their lunch and then helping them to clean up the mess they made with the markers and play doh.

Then, Finnigan took it upon himself to up-chuck in every room on the main floor! Oh man, how disgusting! I almost lost my lunch. Apparently, raw hide bones don't agree with him. Will not be repeating that mistake twice. *gag* After I cleaned up the many spots I just decided not to sit back down. I got to cleaning the kitchen and moved through each room like a bit of a tornado. I put the kids down for quiet time/naps so that I could clean without them undoing all my hard work.
Then I got my Greek yogurt set up to do its thing and then sat down finally to take a break and have a snack. No sooner than I sat down it was time to get up and get things going again. Dinner was just a leftover night because I had some errands to run. I had a bean and brown rice burrito. I got another cup of full strength coffee. That makes two "full caf" coffees, two days in a row. I could be well on my way to a bad habit. *eeek!* That isn't a good thing either since I've been trying very hard to break all my really bad habits.

Now I'm sitting here contemplating just calling it a night and getting to bed right now. I'm not feeling 100% and its likely due to the dust that I stirred up in my cleaning storm. Doesn't seem to matter what we do this place is always coated in dust. I wonder if we need to have the air ducts blown out?

I hear we are also in line to get a whole lot more snow between now and Saturday. That isn't helping my mood much. I am so totally in cabin fever mode. I need some spring and I need it now! *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment