Monday, February 22, 2010

Blogging

Wow, what a day! I remember my husband giving me a kiss good-bye at about 6:00 am then I remember looking at the clock at 7:16. Then finally my eyes opened at 8:23!!! Holy cow. That's terrible. I never sleep that late during the week. Usually I'm up about 7 am and have part of my morning tucked away already. I scraped myself out of the bed. Dragged my butt into the kids rooms to start the daily ritual of giving hugs and kisses and opening the drapes. Then turning on the light for the Goldfish (which is situated in the kid's bathroom, you know I'm not entirely sure why he is in there but whatever).

Cereal and oatmeal made, kids are fed. Half a cup of coffee has disappeared. I eye-spy my new blender (a free-bee from the Superstore that makes individual sized smoothies) and decide that for breakfast I'd just make a protein smoothie. 1/2 a banana
1/3 c of frozen mango
1 scoop whey isolate
3/4 c orange juice

Not too bad. Not very sweet and unfortunately I could taste the protein powder but then that canister was dismal to begin with but too expensive not to use up. I'll choose a better one next time *wink*

No sooner than I downed this smoothie and poured a second cup of coffee, my calender reminder popped up. I figured it was to remind me of what I had planned in the way of a menu for the day but nope. This reminder was for the kid's cooking class that was due to start at 10 am. At that point it was 9:37 am! Carp! *yes I said carp*

You've never seen a woman fly around her house so fast. Both boys were dressed from head to toe and waiting by the door. I threw on a pair of jeans and scraped a brush through my hair and put in a pony tail and flew downstairs and threw on my coat and shoes and out the door we went. Needless to say I looked scary. We managed to get there at 4 mins past and the class had only settled into their seats. We didn't miss a thing. Phewwwww!
The kids got to make these cute lemon sugar cookies in the shape of Olympic Medals tied with shoe string licorice. They also made chocolate coin medals and a really horrible smoothie. The recipe for this retched concoction was: 1 banana, mango (couldn't tell how much but it was a lot and the mango wasn't very ripe, yuck) 1/2 an avocado. 1 cup of orange juice and 3 cups of milk and a small squeeze of honey, 1/2 cup of ice. Gross gross gross. No one drank it. What a waste.

We brought our cookie medals and the baggies of icing home. The kidlets ate their chocolate medals and wolfed back their sandwiches and apples. We'd decorate the cookies later. Aren't they cute? I had the veggie enchiladas for lunch again today. But that's it. I'm tired of them now. Had a big cup of tea and just hung out working on school work with E.
After naps, oh yes, I definitely needed a nap. I got up and started in on dinner. Tonight we had bean and brown rice burritos and green salad. I made the tortillas again. I can't help it. Buying stale ones is a big turn off now. Gorgeous! I have three of the leftover burritos wrapped up in the fridge for lunches for the week. I bet it will be just as good tomorrow as it was tonight!

After the kids were put to bed I was going to head out and start shoveling the snow for a little exercise and fresh air but hubby refused to let me do it. Bahhhh! So I stood on the porch wrapped in my sweater and I watched him. It is beautiful out. Not too breezy, the snow was really coming down at that point. The neighbours all friendly and in good spirits despite the return of winter.

Once back inside I set to work on my Greek Yogurt. Got the milk cooked and cooled and the starter in. It is set aside to do its thing all night. In the morning I should have a very nice thick litre of yogurt. I also put together a cup of steele cut oats with some almond milk, cinnamon and sea salt. In the morning I'll pop it into the microwave then add in the almond butter and dried apple. I'm hoping that the texture will be improved. I'm looking for something slightly more chewy and less gluten-y. Making it in the crock pot is fine but it always makes too much. If it is bad I'll just have a yogurt parfait instead.

Which leads me to wonder. How boring is this blog? Really, my life is so uninteresting. I pretty much live in my kitchen and when I'm not in there then I'm likely off running like a fool or hanging out with my family. Sorry....if you're hanging around to see if something interesting comes of this, you are likely going to be disappointed.

The update Day two without a contribution to the swear jar. I'm doing so much better but it still requires me to think of a suitable swear substitute. I'm still sticking to my 1hr of computer use a day. Still no TV. The yoga has been a bit harder to work in because there are so many other things that I always feel pulled to do. But now that I've mentioned it. I'm going to trot off and do that now then turn in early. I've been so tired for the last couple of days. I sure hope I'm not coming down with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment