Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Holding Back My Martha....


I hate the feeling of being suspended in mid-air. I normally do almost everything by my own schedule and my own motivation and determination. I try very hard not to depend on anyone for what I do or how I go about my days. That way should something happen then at least my plans aren't interrupted. That said, my Dad, whom I haven't seen in a few years is paying a visit this Easter weekend. Problem is that I have no idea when he is coming nor what kind of plans he had made for our visit.

I would like to figure out the menus and activities for the weekend but find that I can't because I don't have the details. Gahhhh driving me nuts. Really it is. I know that the visit will be stellar I just have that anal retentive drive to have things, just so. Ok so that's a latent Martha trait, isn't it?

Got some housework done today though for the better part I've been sitting here stewing. I'm miserable because I'm on the tail end of a cold. I have no energy and my injury has flared up a little. I need to be careful how I step and running is out right now. I doubt I'll be able to run tomorrow. Now in my miserable veggie-like state I'm looking at my living room thinking it needs to be repainted. I'm putting that on the list of things to do this summer. I'm contemplating a mossy green colour and new drapes. I know the kitchen needs a new coat of paint too so that will get an update at the same time with a coordinated set of colours. Who knows perhaps I'll get the hallway leading upstairs painted too.
Breakfast: The day started with some Stoneyfarm plain yogurt, hemp hearts, a few blackberries, strawberries and blueberries and a nice big wedge of pineapple. I'm actually getting used to yogurt with out any sweetener. This one is nice and buttery (I ran out of my homemade yogurt). Lunch: Black Bean and brown rice & light cheese on a brown rice wrap. Pink grapefruit and some berries & pineapple. Super yum!Dinner: Chicken Parm on roasted potatoes/sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli. A glass of Perrier to wash it down.

I do have an update on the Diet Coke thing. As you know, I gave up my nasty 4 can a day habit in January. At first is was a definite struggle. I never thought I'd find something that took that craving away. I drank Perrier but it was a bitter substitution. Now I drink Perrier because I actually like it. I still like the fizzy. I've had two diet cokes since the end of February and each time I drank it I thought "I'm so over you..." I really am. I just need to find the little plastic bottled Perrier to bring to movie theaters. They don't offer much in the way of options.

No comments:

Post a Comment