Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy First Day of Spring!

It is Spring. Sure it doesn't feel like it now after the week's worth of weather we've just had. But I'm not going to complain. It could be worse. Sure it snowed a little today and sure it's due to snow a little bit tomorrow but so long as there isn't 3ft of fluffy white snow sitting outside waiting for me, I'll be happy with what we have now.

The day started with me floating between coffee and work. Then scarfing down a quick breakfast and taking the gang grocery shopping. Treats were purchased. Easter Egg coloured sugar cookies and new movies. The boys each got a movie and I got my treat. "New Moon".

Came home and put on the Thomas movie for L. and put out some nibble food for the kids. I crammed all the food into its proper place and whipped up a little nibble plate for myself. Carrots and spicy hummus, light cheese wrapped in cooked turkey, watermelon, strawberries and a tiny banana.

No nap for me today. Some how the day escaped our grasp. We watched Astro Boy for a bit then I whipped up a fast dinner. Super Nachos. Ground Turkey, onion, red bell pepper, whole wheat chips, light cheddar, tomatoes, kalamata olives and salsa. With strawberries for dessert. Sorry no pictures of food today.

Now I sit here blogging and yawning. I don't think I'll be watching my movie tonight. I just feel like crawling into bed and finishing the last chapter of my book and turning out the light. Calling it a night. No run tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty cut up about it too. For this last week every time I've seen someone running, especially in all that gorgeous weather I just about wanted to cry. Stupid injury. Ok I'm going to bed (7:25 pm) to feel sorry for myself and read my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment