Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday

Wednesday

I over slept! I woke to the sound of L. giggling which can never be a good thing. It means he's up to trouble. I jumped up and slapped on my glasses and got to my feet only to be reminded that my legs don't like me.

I didn't get the chance to update the blog last night because it as 11:30 by the time I got in the door and had my stuff put away. The run last night was not a good one. I don't exactly know how it happened but I have my theories. At the start of my first interval last night I could feel all the muscles in my lower half of my legs just tighten up. It made for a hellish run with a very slow pace and more walk breaks and finally needing to stretch before the start of the last interval. It was so frustrating. Gahhhh!

My theory was that I was limber right up to the point where I decided to sit on the cool floor in the studio to hear Misty's talk. I could feel myself tightening up and stretched a little but perhaps that just did me in. No more sitting on that floor, if I can help it.

Stretching afterward was a nightmare. My legs were so jumpy and getting into a deep stretch was really hard. But once I stopped moving my legs felt just fine again. I sat for coffee for about two hours (which was awesome ladies, thanks for the invite!) and got up and got to my car without feeling a thing. Today they are just reminding me that ice will be appropriate but still not bad enough for Advil. Sigh, I'm an old lady LOL

The plan today is a play date with a girlfriend. We'll likely be gone for the better part of the morning.

Breakfast:
Two slices of toast with nut butter and banana, coffee, vitamin B complex

Snack: Kashi bar and tea

Lunch: Chicken Sandwich and carrots/hummus, vitamin D & Calcium
After Nap: Iron & Vitamin C

Dinner: Grilled Steak & Salad

Dessert: Brownie & tea

Besides that today is a rest day. I've got nothing planned except watching the inside of my eyelids come nap time. Then in whatever quiet time I get here and there I'll be mentally redecorating L's room.

Update: The play date was a lot of fun. Got to spend some time with a good friend of whom I don't ever see enough of. The kids got to run around and have a blast and ate a huge lunch. Usually, E. is too wound up to eat anything when he plays with friends. I sure hope his friend's appetites wear off of him.

L. fell asleep in the car and I had to change him out of his dirty play clothes. In the process, I woke him up and there was no going to sleep after that. Therefore, Mommy didn't nap. I spent the hour or so tidying up and organizing for the evening. Needless to say, I'm dragging my tail feathers a few feet lower. Good thing I had nothing planned for the night.

I need a cup of coffee! Gahhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment