Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Weekend Wrap-up

Well the climb/anniversary weekend is over. Husband and I went out for dinner Saturday night. A lovely date. I sometimes forget how it was before we had kids. We have an excellent babysitter so we never worried for a minute. Only talked about the kids if we wanted too but mostly just talked about this and that.

Today, we were supposed to go to a birthday party for a boy who was in E.'s old classroom. Then I hatched a better idea. We went bowling instead. It was a lot of fun. L. doesn't like to actually bowl the balls himself so hubby and I took turns picking him up and carrying him and the ball to the lane and bowling while holding him. Believe it or not, we bowled way better holding him than we did nearly empty-handed.

We played the arcade games and grabbed some lunch and came home and emptied the toybox and played with the kids. When we went upstairs for naptime it looked like TRU lost its lunch in my living room. Clearing it with a shovel had been tossed out there as a remedy.

You know I should feel guilty for blowing off that birthday party but I just can't bring myself to care. How terrible is that? Not. There was going to be 25 kids packed into a tiny play area. I'd rather have root canal.

This is going to be a very busy week. Finishing up the costumes being the next biggest priority bested only by lesson planning. Then the boys various activities and my various commitments. Halloween is going to creep up on us so quickly it will make our head's spin. I'm so looking forward to taking my crew out. I think we've cleaned the library of every book on Halloween. I'm getting them good and excited this year. Its the first one that both boys really understand the gist of it and aren't terrified by the idea of witches, skeletons and bats. They are looking at the prize....the candy sacks that brim!

No comments:

Post a Comment