Thursday, October 15, 2009

5

Today my boy turned 5. Wow! I can't believe how much he has changed my world. I remember that day so well. Seeing that tiny person. All brand new. Full head of black wavy hair and the voice of an opera singer giving me the what for! Seeing the 7lbs 3oz print up on the screen as he was being weighed. The squeeze of his tiny fist. The crushing wave of happiness and relief to see his little face. Now five years later. I'm still struck dumb by him. He's fabulous.

I sat on his bed last night for 10 minutes stroking his hair. Touching his fingers. Gazing at him while he slept. I remembered all the days after he was born when I just held his sleeping body and watched him. Almost afraid that if I put him down he'd stop being real. My life has curled around his and its wonderful.

Ok, enough! I've got ears to mold for his Remy costume. Can't spend the whole day being a mushy mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment