Saturday, October 24, 2009

29:27

I did it. I'll likely do it again next year with the aim of not being hungover, over tired and dehydrated and I may actually eat the morning of the climb and the day before. Next year, Ashely and I are going to trim 5 mins off that time with fewer breaks.

It was a long haul and I was happy to finally get to the top and get that bottle of water. I was happy it was over and accomplished. The get together was a blast. Now I'm off to take a good long nap and then get ready to go on a date with my husband.

Six years. Six wonderful years. I wouldn't change a thing. I thought of my husband the whole way up the tower. Hoped that he would be proud of me. I remember being in awe of the fact that he had climbed the tower a few times. Thought only crazy healthy people desired to do that. Now I'm one. He inspires me to do a lot of things I never imagined for myself. He's the best and so very loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment