Saturday, August 7, 2010

Because apparently I really do have an issue....

Diet coke and an enormous appetite are not my only issues as if I need to remind you! *snort* I also swear like a truck driver. Clearly the spring-time swear cleanse has worn off. It's time to step it up again.

I had just finished a 5k run and a vigorous workout with Misty and her small group session and was feeling very depleted by the time I dragged my carcass back home for a jolt of caffeine and a dry tuna pita.

When I got out of the car my neighbour Cherise was there working diligently on reseeding her lawn. Poor thing, they've dumped tons of cash into the appearance of their house and their lawn just doesn't want to co-operate. I should offer them some of my Finnigan poop. Apparently, it does wonders for vegetation! Any way, we got to chatting about the cat colony my other neighbour has bred (and is now moving away this weekend leaving behind these damn cats so that we can clean up her mess!). I am absolutely outraged. I feel horrible for these cats. They've been allowed to multiply and she has made them fairly dependent on her offerings so now these cats though they are completely wild and can't be touched, are not shy enough of humans to stay away from their homes and out of the clutches of the neighbourhood dogs.

Finnigan and Casey played tug-o-war with one back in June and we though they had killed the tiny kitten. Thankfully, they didn't because I would never be able to look at my dogs in the same manner. These cats are too wild to be adopted. What the hell were they thinking by housing them outdoors and feeding them? I've counted at least 8 kittens to a cluster family of 3 females and 2 toms. Insane....any way to make this long story longer, I was sharing my dislike for the situation and couldn't help myself from swearing. The frustration overflowed into nasty bar room language. Not nice. It's not becoming. I've got to do something about it.

Out comes the swear jar! I have to do something about it. It's not right that I will not allow my kids to speak in a certain manner but yet I freely abuse my own rule. I'm not a big fan of hypocrisy and would like to believe that my character is far more upright that what I'm sadly presenting. So a inner self make-over is now over due. Why not? I'm in the process of doing a make-over for the outer self. I'm a total project at this point.

Interesting, you'd think at 40, I would have got my "stuff" together?

The meal plan for the day is:

Breakfast: Oatmeal (consumed 1/4 - 1/2 cup of oats made only with water, salt and a dribble of honey and cinnamon). Strawberry banana protein smoothie (made with 1/2 cup 2% milk and 1/2 cup water.)

Lunch: One large cup of Tim's coffee black with 1 tbsp of my own 5% cream
1 tin of tuna, 1 tbsp of plain low-fat yogurt, 1 tbsp mayo, salt onion and fresh cut chives with a handful of mixed salad greens in a half of a whole wheat pita.
A handful of strawberries.

Snacks: A banana, an apple, plain low-fat yogurt with a tsp of peach jam, kashi bar and liberal helpings of green tea.

Dinner: Mushroom burger on the other half of the whole wheat pita with onions and mustard and a big butt green salad.

Off to throw myself into the shower now. Don't plan to come out until the water runs cold and even then I may need a life preserver.

No comments:

Post a Comment