Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Reason 7042 why I love my Husband

Life can be really crazy sometimes. Little issues become big issues. A thousand things on the to-do list pulls us in all different directions. Demands of busy days, responsibilities and fewer and fewer hours for personal time can really spin one's head around.

We try to live our lives as simply as possible. Being happy with what we have. Always expressing how blessed we feel we are. Still there are days when the outside world intrudes and we get grumbly. I think it is fairly universal now. Our home is no more unique than the neighbours in that way.

I don't need to list why I love my husband so much. It's usually pretty apparent. I am a lucky woman. But sometimes I'm reminded of just how lucky I am when after a very long and stressful day. After all the dishes are pushed to the side. The kids are rounded up and put to bed in a fashion that expresses how much we care about them and their needs but also trying to get it done to meet a conference call time.

I come downstairs to find the teapot filled and a single cup waiting for me. Some how, some way while he was scrambling about to prepare for the meeting and swooping around to help me with our nighttime routine he filled the kettle and made ME a cup of tea.

I love my husband because he knows me better than I know myself. I love my husband because he demonstrates how much he cares about me even if it's just a simple cup of tea that took him out of his way.

*bliss*

No comments:

Post a Comment