Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What I Adore!

Wow life has really gotten busy here.  So much so that I haven't even had a spare thought to blog!  Incredible I know!  It really has been a while and thought that it would be nice to write something very positive today.  Get the good mojo going.  Last month I wrote confessions, this time I'll write about the things I adore.


*Coffee.  Truly!  One of the first thoughts I have when opening my eyes in the morning is being so happy to know that my husband has made me a pot of his fabulous coffee.  It's like liquid love. 

*I adore that every morning when I walk into L's room, he scrambles to hide under his blanket so that he can spring out and suprise me when I go to open his drapes to let in the sunshine.  I love that he is so happy to be able to do this each and every day, without fail!

*I secretly love that E's bedroom floor is a mine field of Lego pieces even if I wind up stepping on most of them while navigating my way to his drapes in the morning.

*Coffee again, because well...I love coffee.

*I adore my husband.   Simply he is the best person I have ever met.

 *I love the way sunlight streams through the windows in the morning and that the weiner dogs are there to soak up every last ray.  They often remind me of the hotdogs that circle around in that strange heating device at the movie theater.

*I love the happy chatter of the birds at the feeders and their messy habits that cause the wildflowers to grow where the discarded seeds drop.

*I adore that no sooner than I settle in to do my day's work that my husband calls or pings me to say good morning, again.  I love that he usually has a silly joke for me or tells me all about the latest goings-on with his friends and co-workers.  The day will always seem imbalanced if we miss this moment together.

*I love that my friends always have great stories to share.  That we can get together as often as we do and do our thing.  It's therapy for both the heart and our health.  They are a powerful positive force!

 *I love the feeling of planting seeds and tiny plants, knowing that with a little love and patience, there will be something beautiful and surprising waiting for me under a leaf or on a vine.  I could spend hours just fussing over my gardens.

*I love the feeling of accomplishment when I finish one of my many projects.  There is something wonderfully theraputic about putting one's hands to work.

*I love to listen to opera and drink wine while cooking.  I can escape into a land of the senses.  Really creating dishes in my kitchen is more than merely putting food on the table.  It's opening night at the Met.

*I adore that my youngest child occasionally wants to be rocked to sleep.  For no other reason then wanting a little extra love.  I also love that my eldest has moved into that boyhood phase of wanting to be as fiercely independant as possible.  They are the best things I've ever made from scratch.

*I love laundry on the line.

*I love new nail polish and the smell of a beauty salon.

*I love Fall and Spring  for it's broody days.

*I adore new running gear and of course the feeling of finishing that really long run and knowing that I can marry new gear with long run and a huge Tim's coffee at the end.  Did I mention that I adore long distances?  I love the tallying up the mileage at the end of the week and pin pointing on the map where I could end up if I put all the miles together.

*I love snowy days when there is nothing in particular that needs to be done.

*I love it when my magazines come in the mail.  Then spending hours in the tub getting prune toes and reading them from cover-to-cover because my wonderful husband thinks it is important for me to have "mom" time.  See I told you he was amazing!

*I love that hot cup of tea at the end of each day.  I love it even more when hubby makes it for me.

*I love that the last thought I have every single night is that I love my family, that I adore my friends and that I truly want for nothing more than just the priviledge of doing it again the very next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment