Thursday, February 16, 2012

Life Moves Swiftly

Sometimes I amazed at how things in my life can move so quickly.  Not unlike water rushing past a broken dam.  You move with the current or you can get dragged under.   I love the way my swift moving life has taken me to places I couldn't have predicted.  The movement of change cutting through some of the things I've assumed were strong enough to withstand change.  I love the path I've been carried down even when it meanders in odd directions.  I have never looked at change as if it was a bad thing because I've had it proved time and again that change brings wonderful new things.  

The dam breaks and the water rushes past.  No matter.  No really, no matter at all.  I'm surprised at how happy just a few unplanned changes to my life has suddenly made me.  I was OK before but now I'm ecstatic.  Odd, how that happens.  I can't say what the wonderful things are but I can say that I'll be insanely busy for the next several months.  I like busy.  Busy is good!

I also like being reminded what is really important and what is not.  It is not important to hold a place in your life for someone who is not worthy of the honour.  It is not important to defend what you know is the right thing to do.  The right thing is just that and nothing less.  It's not important to give trivial matters more time than one would take to choose shoes to go with a purse.  Which is great because I'm not all that particular about shoes (unless I run in them) or purses.  What is important; my family; my friends; my word; my time and me.  Yep, I said it.  I'm important.  

So when life starts to move swiftly without warning the first things I think about are the things that are important.    After that perhaps then I'll worry about the dishes.  Be sure of one thing, everything else ranks lower than the dishes on my "to be concerned with" list.




No comments:

Post a Comment